for PreBabel, the true Universal Language
Copyright © July 2009 by Tienzen (Jeh-Tween) Gong
The PB root words and PB word tokens are, in principle, mute in themselves. Thus, they can acquire any sound as their pronunciations. For U (English),
Similarly, for U (French), the PB word tokens will be pronounced in French, and U (German) in german, etc..
is pronounced as compare
- ing as comparing
Thus, the PB word tokens are, in fact, able to acquire their own phonemic for the "PreBabel Proper" from the using community. At here, I would like to make some suggestions on how this can go about. The process can be very much similar to the growing process of PB symbols, from roots to radicals, to words, to word phrases and to sentences. For the word meaning inferring process, the word meaning is read from its largest radicals, not all the way going back to the roots although the meaning of a radical is inferred from its composing roots. In the same manner, the sound of a PB word token should be sounded out from its largest composing radicals, not all the way back to the root level. Thus, we can build the phonemics for the PB Proper word tokens (not the U (English), U (French) nor U (Chinese)) with the following steps.
With the above process, the mute PB Proper will acquire its own Phonemics.
- PB word roots acquire their own phonemes for the PB Proper from the using community.
Suggestion: every root should have only one syllable sound.
- PB first generation words can acquire their sounds for the PB Proper in two ways:
Suggestion: This group of words should not go over 700 in number. And, it is the best if they are all single syllable sounds.
- Acquiring a sound arbitrary by assigning a sound to it from the using community.
- Sounded out from their composing root words with the root word sounds.
- With the two above, the PB phonetic universe is now having about 1,000 phonemes, and this should be enough for all PB words. This 1,000 phoneme will be the sound roots and acts as the phonetic alphabets for the entire PB words.
- All existing PB words should be coded with these PB phonetic alphabets for their pronunciations.
- All new PB words should be spelled out with these PB phonetic alphabets both in their meaning and in their pronunciations.
- Any PB word which cannot be spelled out with the PB phonetic alphabets should be broken up and be replaced with a word phrase, the large PB word.